Monday, February 14, 2011

Shhh... It's a secret!

Chick's Picks has many best-selling products

that I call Girlfriend SECRETS ...


Accessories that are not visible,

but your GF tells you you MUST get ....

so we are sharing!!

(click on image to purchase)

placemats

1) Laminated place mats - 6 for only $36! Form, Function & sticky Fingers!

socksstirups

2) Best Boot Socks - stay up, machine wash & look cute at airport security!

3) Stirrups keep your Jeans in your boots -- work best w/ flat boots!

mesh bagsinvisibelt

4)mesh purse pouches - organize & change purses easily!

5) Invisibelts - Jeans stay up & NO belt belt bulge!

tumbler

6) ladies tell me how much they love their CP Tee: soft & wears well,

7) and their tumbler - keeps hot hot, and cold cold!

And they are drinking more water !

$5 off tumbler!! Now $10!

booknecklace extender

8) The BOOK that will have you & your GF laughing

-- best Birthday present!

9) Extend your short necklaces to a longer length!

wallet cord covers

10) THE wallet that every CP cashier uses -- try it ... you'll love it!

11) Cover your unsightly electrical cords with dupioni silk!

Check all the Picks at www.chickspicksbyhillary.com



birthday picture w/ dawn

True Confession Time

The pictures of myself that I use in Chick's Picks' marketing, Facebook, the blog, postcards were all done professionally. I am talking professional photographer, lighting, hair, makeup, even a stylist on set. I had many outfit, setting, prop and accessory changes! Photographers have stood on chairs & ladders for shots -- still not sure if it was for an

artsy angle, or to hide the over-forty chin situation? Who cares? It worked.


However, today I am writing about the photo above ... a candid taken at a

50th Birthday party I went to Saturday night. A professional camera man shot the photo ... but I got dressed and posed all by myself.


What you don't know are all the GIRLFRIEND secrets that are involved in this photograph. And I just gotta share:


- the Disappearing-Double-Chin Trick: Extend your neck up straight and tall

(like almost an inch), then stick your face out (an inch), then drop your chin ever so slightly. You'll feel feel like a chicken, but I promise it works! My LA sister-in-law Sarah, who is in the "industry," taught me this; we have laughed so hard as we practiced that we actually added chins. Try the mirror first!


- I am wearing an Invisibelt so my jeans are not slipping down over

my muffin top during the photo;


- the black shell and jacket are slimming. Not just because they are black --

works for lots of colors -- just make it monochromatic, so

the outfit isn't choppy;


-a scoop or V-neck is elongating;


-same with a long necklace;


-same with a front crease in your jeans or trousers, pointy toes, and nude or high heels;


- I got a new leave-in conditioning hair product, Moroccan oil at

Hair Harmony in Sterling (or click on image), that allows me to

style & wear my hair down!! Friends don't even recognize me if my hair isn't up -- lack of time, know-how, and product.


Between this miracle stuff, and the big-brushes-left-in-your-hair-when-drying trick, I have never been happier with a hair picture. And last Saturday it was drizzling! And I had to walk blocks because I got to the party late;

oil

-and finally, stand next to a thirty-something hot chick!


Thanks Dawn - who is a longtime CP customer & friend!

These vanities may not be for you, however with the prolific camera phones and Facebook uploads, we have to be ready 24/7. Feel free to share your photo tips with me too! Now, go practice looking like a chicken!


~ Hillary ~